Mommies thursday thirteen has dissapeared, oh well. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Monday, May 28, 2007
Memorial Day is a very special occasion....a day when our great soldiers laid down their lives for the only cause of humanity....so that we can live and grow in a healthy and peaceful environment. So come and lets join hands on the memorial Day to pay tributes to these soldiers.....By honoring.....
"The Heart of Courage
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Munchkin is still refusing to be still long enough for Mommie to take a picture of him in a sweater.
However, something very strange happened this morning. Mommie was sitting at the computer, reading blogs and Monte was on the desk as usual, the bean boy woke up and came in and gave Mommie a hug. Monte did not move away, the bean boy reach out to pet Monte and he let him, not only did he let the boy pet him, he rolled over for a belly rub! Monte allowed the bean boy to pet him for about 10 to 15 minutes, can you believe it? For those who do not believe here is proof
Friday, May 25, 2007
How on earth dare she! She tried to put a sweater on me! Me of all cats! What does she think I am?, a..a...a....oh, I give up, but I will not allow you to take pictures of me in a sweater. No, I will not....Munchkin
Thursday, May 24, 2007
1. Cats lick people as a sign of affection.
2. In ancient Egypt, killing a cat was a crime punishable by death.
3. Besides smelling with their nose, cats can smell with an additional organ called the Jacobson's organ, located in the upper surface of the mouth.
4. The chlorine in fresh tap water irritates sensitive parts of the cat's nose. Let tap water sit for 24 hours before giving it to a cat.
5. A large majority of white cats with blue eyes are deaf. White cats with only one blue eye are deaf only in the ear closest to the blue eye. White cats with orange eyes do not have this disability.
6. One female cat can give birth to as many as 420 kittens in her lifetime, amd each of those kittens can do the same after reaching maturity.
7. If you do not respond when your cat talks to you, it will soon lose the urge to communicate with you.
8. Cats are able to hear sounds that move faster than 45,000 hertz. They could hear the sound of a bat.
9. A little vegetable oil daily will help to prevent fur-balls and bring a shine to your cat's coat.
10. If you do not respond when your cat talks to you, it will soon lose the urge to communicate with you.
11. Cats sometimes have a hard time accepting a new cat because cats don't usually crave companionship in quite the same way a dog does.
12. The chlorine in fresh tap water irritates sensitive parts of the cat's nose. Let tap water sit for 24 hours before giving it to a cat.
13. Among other tasks, cats can be taught to use a toilet, come, sit, beg, eat with their paws, heel, jump through a hoop, play a piano, play dead, roll over, open a door, hide food in boxes, shake, and fetch.
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Missy was telling me that I really need to fill up the bird feeder. She wants her bird tv back.
This is the yarn that Mommie picked up today, the picture does not do it justice. It is beautiful, she can't wait to make a sweater out of it.
Monday, May 21, 2007
Friday, May 18, 2007
For all you mancats out there, we present, Monte in his first Fashion Show Friday.
He would like for you all to check out Tara, Princess Meezer in her beautiful purple sweater.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Missy and Monte were both tagged by Karen Jo. So here goes.
Missy will go first:
1) I must have a clean litterbox.
2) I will not eat if another cat is at the food bowl. (yes, I have to share.)
3) If Mommie sneezes or coughs, I ask her if she is okay.
4) I will only drink out of a glass or the water bowl, no way am I going to get my furs wet.
5) If Mommie puts clothes, or my harness, on me, I fall to the floor and act like I can't walk.
6) I chase Munchkin around and try to get him to behave, crazy little kittens.
7) I love to curl up in Mommies yarn, and help her when she makes things out of it.
1) I like to hide in the kitchen cabinets.
2) I like to lay on Mommies sewing machine.
3) I will let Missy eat first, yes even Temptations, well maybe sometimes.
4) I love for Mommie to rub my tummy, she gives the best rubs around.
5) I do not like catnip very much, I will play wif catnip toys, but thats about it.
6) I must get in front of the computer each morning when Mommie is looking at it.
7) I do not like going outside at all. So don't even try to get me to.
Please go over to Daisy's blog and check out how beautiful she looks.
Monday, May 14, 2007
We received an e-mail today and we are very very sad.
It is from Best Friends.org.
Dear Friend of Meech,
We're sorry to let you know that Meech the cat has passed away. Though she was only about two, she developed complications from feline leukemia and became very ill. She was surrounded by great love as she passed over the Bridge.
We're very sad to lose her. As her sponsor, you know Meech made a point of being everyone's favorite. She was super sweet, and loved everybody she met with her whole heart. She adored tummy rubs, and implored you with her beautiful blue eyes not to stop. She will be so deeply missed by all. But she was so fortunate that she had a friend like you. Your support gave this FeLV+ cat an excellent place to live, with the care she needed to have the best life possible during her short time here.
We are so very sad to here of her passing, we are going to be quiet for a while now.
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Munchkin was tagged by Samamtha for the latest Meme, 7 random facts about me.
Here are the rules. Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. Cats who are tagged need to write on their own blog about the seven things and the rules. You need to choose seven cats to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
Since I am a kitten still I am pretty darn random. So maybe this will be easy for me.
1.) I like to lick Mommies feet.
2.) I do not like to be held.
3.) I run all over the house like my but*s on fire when the food bowl is empty.
4.) I like watching the beans take a bath/shower.
5.) I have learned to drink from the bathroom faucet.
6.) I do not like to go outside.
7.) When I am cold I will get under the covers wif Mommie and curl up at her feet.
Whew, I did it. Gotta go, but*s on fire. Heh Mommie, will you please pick 7 of my friends for me?
We would like to tag Finnegan & Buddy; JoJo, Cooper and The Rat; Axel; and The Teenage Goddess
Friday, May 11, 2007
We have a winner of the sweater. We would like to thank each and every one who bid on the sweater.
The Bengal Brats are the winners. They bid $50, so $25 will go to Lillu Lu and $25 to TeaCup. If they will please e-mail Mommie we can get things taken care of.
Mommie is putting this wonderful soft delicious sweater up for auction. She is going to donate the proceeds to Lilly Lu and Teacup.
The sweater is made from Wool-Ease yarn. It is soft and yummy. The buttons are little pink roses. Please leave your bids in the comments. The auction will end on Friday May 11, 2007 at 5:00 pm CST. Happy bidding.
Missy was feeling a little frisky last night. She has made her a bed out of my knitting yarn and such. As you can see this is how she gets her smell on all of the sweaters.
PeeEss: Munchkin has been tagged by Samantha, he will try to slow down enough to be able to post his 7 random things tomorrow.
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Monday, May 7, 2007
This is a very important message. Please make special note that if any bean is in the bath, do not, I repeat do not, get on the side of the tub. It can be very slick and hazardous.
The bean girl was taking a bath, and as I love water, I got on the side and I don't know exactly how it happened, but I fell in butt first. OH, the humiliation, I feel as if I need to put the bitey on someone, but who?
Please feel free to use these photos as a reminder, never get on the side of the tub if a bean is in it.
Sunday, May 6, 2007
Missy likes to eat yoghurt in bed
With Momma there to pick up the lid
When she knocks it offWith her tongue so rough.
There's nothing better than yoghurt in bed.
Monte hides his stash under the bed.
There are shiny things there, and maybe some red.
He goes there to hide
When he gets spooked inside.
There is no place better than under the bed.
Munchkin loves his tunnel best.
It is a place to play and rest.
He plays with a bird
And shadow and cord
While staying within his tunnel of rest.
We would like to thank Karen Jo for writing these wonderful poems about us. Mommie has tolded us that she has been really busy wif baseball and softball which has taken a lot of her time that she has, therefore she can not get to all the sites and leave comments on everyones sites. Plus she has been knitting kitty sweaters.
We had horrible weather in our area last evening, all the beans were not home wif us, they were at Elk City in a baseball tournament. A tornado started close to our Grammies house, about 1/2 mile away, and crossed over I-40. It lifted and then touched back down around a very small town called Mayfield. It stayed on the ground for several miles and hit Sweetwater, Oklahoma, it was an F3 by then, and the school took a very bad hit, it is a K-12 school and is very small, so the students may be bussed to our town to finish the last two weeks of school.
SWEETWATER, Okla. Residents of several western Oklahoma towns are beginning cleanup efforts today after a series of twisters ripped through the area.At least eight homes were destroyed, several more were damaged and one person was injured after a series of storms spawned several tornados last night.
Most of the damage is in Sweetwater in far western Oklahoma, where about 150 homes remain without power this morning.
Emergency officials say a tornado ripped the roof off the local school, destroyed three homes and the school's bus barn and tossed several vehicles.
Tornados also touched down last night in Woodward and Ellis counties in northwest Oklahoma.
We also have warnings for more of the same this evening. We pray that if damage must be done, that no lives will be hurt.
Sweetwater is a very small rural community, with a very large heart. They will recover, it will not ever be the same, but it will be stronger.
We can hear the helicopters flying in to report the damage done from last nights storm. We are just very thankful that no one around here was seriously hurt.
Friday, May 4, 2007
Munchkin here, Mommie did it to me this time. She missed that Karen had written a limerick about me. What am I going to do with her, last time she missed Missy as Kat's Cat of the Day, and now me having a limerick written about me. I think that I might just put the bitey on her, what do you think.
Thank you Karen for writting a wonderful limerick about me, it is so true, I do love my tunnel and whirly bird....Munchkin.
Thursday, May 3, 2007
Thirteen Reasons to Keep Cats Indoors
1. Cats are less likely to be hit by a car when crossing the living room than when crossing the street.
2. Their owners are less apt to have fleas, fungus, or rabies than free- roaming animals are.
3. Their owners are less likely to bite them than free-roaming animals are.
4. When it's ten o'clock at night, their owners will always know where they are.
5. They will never come home looking like something the cat dragged in.
6. It will be more difficult for people to steal them.
7. They will not get shot at as often.
8. They will not disappear as often.
9. Their owners will never have to bail them out of the local pound.
10. They sleep most of the time anyway.
11. Their owners will not have to go calling all over the neighborhood for them when it's time for dinner.
12. Their owners will not find as many dead, dying, or dismembered small animals on the doorstep.
13. They will live longer, happier lives, and so will their owners.
Wednesday, May 2, 2007
Mommie says that she has her knitting needles warmed up and ready to go. All she needs now are orders for the lovely warm sweaters. If you would like a sweater, send her an email at adventuresofthems AT gmail DOT com. Please send the circumference of your precious kitty, let her know the color you would like, and please tell her weather the sweater if for a male or female. Mommie has access to lots of colors of yarn, so if you want to be creative go for it.
The sweaters are $25, shipping included in the US and Canada, international orders will cost a little extra to include the shipping fees.
The yarn that the sweaters are made from is acrylic, machine washable and dryable. If you have a special yarn that you would like for our Mommie to use to make your sweater, please let her know when placing your order, if the yarn costs very much Mommie will have to charge a bit more for the sweater. Mommie has made a Paypal link in the side bar.
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Mommie says that she has thought and thought about the sweaters. She has three of them made already, pink, blue and cream. If you want a certain color, just let her know, special yarn will have to be extra.
Mommie would like to ask $25 each. She is wanting your opinions, what do you all think? (Sorry the camera is not the best) Mommie is going to donate $5 from each sweater to the shelter that rescued us(Missy and Monte). The rest she is going to purchase a new digital camera, then she will work on purchasing this program for the bean boy. Let us know what you think.
Almost forgot, international orders, postage is extra(sorry).
More info on the sweaters: The pink sweater is 16 inches around and 9 inches long. The blue sweater is 18 inches around and 10 inches long. I can make the sweaters larger or smaller to fit your precious loved one, just give me the measurement around the middle and from back of neck to tail. Big or small I will try to fit them all. :-)